Developmental (Stage 1: U6 & U8)
Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club (DLVSC) looks to provide U7 & U8 players with a fun, safe and developmentally appropriate soccer environment. This stage of the player’s development pathway will look to increase their technical knowledge and improve their ability to function in 4 on 4 games. An increased focus on players technical attributes will align perfectly to the work already completed in the Minis program.
The DLVSC curriculum is constantly evolving and developing in order to provide our players with the most effective learning environment. At this age, we focus more on physical literacy development and the improvement of technique rather than any tactical concepts. Throughout the season our DLVSC coaches will aim to develop the young players physically, emotionally, cognitively and socially. These 4 areas are the cornerstones of our DLVSC curriculum which looks to holistically develop each and every player within our club. Every session is designed and delivered in a player centered way to ensure they develop fully while also having fun and developing a love for the game. The coaches within our club are experts at engaging with young players to ensure they are always challenged and are continually developing their attributes and skillset.
- Teams play small sided-sided games (4 v 4) with no goalkeepers with a focus on improving the player’s technical ability with the ball
- Each team will be coached by a qualified staff coach
- Each squad will consist of 6-8 players
- Practice will be held twice a week for a duration of 60 minutes from August to May
- Teams will play regular games, both in the Fall and the Spring