Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Soccer Season?
- Soccer has two league seasons with optional league play in the winter. The beginning of the soccer year is in the fall (August 1st) with the year ending at the end of the school year (June 1st). Most program registrations are session by session. Our club teams all run on a full soccer year basis which is a 10 month season as a full-year registration.
Do You Offer Financial Assistance?
- The Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club is Nevada’s premier local soccer club. We work hard to ensure that all children that wish to play soccer are given an opportunity to play regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
- Each year, the club provides need-based grants to players that would not be able to play without financial assistance. Annual grants range in amount depending on available resources. Grant amounts are awarded based on demonstrated financial need.
- Any player interested in obtaining financial assistance must complete a grant application form.
- Families that wish to ensure that all children are able to participate in DLVSC’s programming may make tax-deductible contributions to our grant program by contacting Gary Soresman.
When is Registration?
- Registration end dates differ by programs. Make sure to visit the specific page you are interested in registering for to get the most up-to-date registration time frames. Often, you may register your player after the deadlines, based on availability. Players who register late are placed on teams after the players who register before the deadline.
How do I Register?
- Registration can be done easily via GotSoccer software online by clicking on the Register button in the menu bar.
What methods of Payment do you accept?
- We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express), checks and money orders (no cash please). We pretty much accept it all, but we can’t accept the deed on your house, a car, soccer equipment, or children left at practice as a form of payment.
Do Girls and Boys play on the Same Team?
- All our teams are gender specific, except in our Soccer Start program for toddlers and preschoolers.
Can my player return to the same team?
- Early registration is the best way to get on any specific team, as placements are handled by order of registration. So if you want to guarantee that you return to the same team, please register early in the registration period.
- Players who register late are not guaranteed to return to their team. If you register after the deadline, it is VERY possible that you will lose your spot to a new player. Players who take a season off are not guaranteed their spot back.
Is the uniform included in the registration team?
- The uniform is NOT included in the registration fee for any of our programs.
What Equipment does my player need?
- Required: Players are required to wear shin guards, soccer cleats (except for Mini Stars) or athletic shoes.
- Recommended: Players should bring their own water and wear appropriate clothing to practices. Players should have their own soccer balls; which should also be brought to each practice (see below).
- Mini Stars & U6 – U8 size 3 ball
U9 – U12 – size 4 ball
U13 – U18 – size 5 ball
Where does my child practice?
- All U5-U10 teams train at KZ #3 on Monday and Thursday evenings.
- All U11-U19 teams train at KZ #3, Ed Fountain #3, Cragin Park (Hyde) or Wasden Elementary *Competitive teams will decide on their training fields based on the guidance from the Coaching Directors.
How often do teams practice?
- U6-U8 teams will practice twice a week for 45 minutes to 1 hour. All older teams will practice 3 times per week for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
How do I know if practices or games have been cancelled due to weather?
- Check our field status website on the homepage of our website, Facebook page in addition to direct communication from your coach.