Downtown Las Vegas Soccer
900 S. Valley View Blvd. #175
Las Vegas, NV 89107
We Are Open:
Monday – Friday
(9:00am – 3:00pm)
*Office times are subject to change during events.*
Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club, is a non-profit organization operating under the belief that development of our youngest players is paramount. We understand that young players are the future of our club and our Academy strives to aide each and every player that attends a professional year around program structured by an Elite and Nationally recognized coaching staff. Every year our competitive divisions experience major success at the State, Regional and National levels. In addition, DLVSC players individually have gone on to play at the Collegiate, Olympic, and Professional levels both in the US and abroad. Our philosophy is to provide all participating players with a positive and fun learning environment while emphasizing on the fundamental aspects of the game. It is our belief that fun and enjoyment of the game remains the most important element for success. There will be achievable challenges given that guarantee each player experiences a raised self-esteem and most importantly, experiences the fun and enjoyment of soccer.
We are a fully registered Nevada Non-Profit Corporation, and have been determined by the Internal Revenue Service to be a Charity under Rule 501 C3. We strive to develop both male and female soccer players to their maximum abilities, by providing the absolute highest level of coaching available in Greater Las Vegas. Our focus is to put children in a challenging soccer environment, with the goal of every child acquiring a passion for the World’s Greatest Game. Our youth soccer program hopes to teach character and confidence in these kids, by participating at their highest levels achievable. We accept players from throughout the Las Vegas Valley to meet in the traditional youth soccer hotbed of DOWNTOWN LAS VEGAS. We are affiliated with the US Youth Soccer, US Youth Soccer-Nevada and US Club Soccer. Our teams participate in either the Summit League of Nevada, Silver State Girls Soccer League, Far West Regional League, Las Vegas Valley League, Rainbow Youth Soccer League. Our teams compete in most local tournaments, as well as travel to out of state.
Our History, Our Difference
DLVSC prides itself on having top-notch facilities, club programming and quality community partnership throughout the valley. As the club has grown and changed throughout the years a financial assistance program has been developed to provide opportunity and support to players that wish to play on a competitive level but where economic constraints prevent a clear path forward. Downtown club teams compete in various competitive leagues locally and out of state. In addition, the club has developed a college prep program providing pertinent information to parents and athletes helping to plot their course to a college or university. DLVSC alumni have impressed in many different arenas including the collegiate, professional and national ranks.
- Provide a player development based environment designed to allow players training needs to be met according to his/her abilities at all levels. Our Club’s focus is on player development.
- Support the continued development of good sportsmanship, teamwork, time management, self discipline, respect for the others and civic responsibility.
- Attract, develop and retain superior coaches that will provide the leadership, player development and operational expertise.
- Focus on the technical, tactical, physical and psychological components of player development.
- Establish programs for players with the intent to enhance the betterment of all players and their enjoyment for the game.
- Diligently provide opportunities to educate the coaching staff.
- Provide guidance and support to high school aged players for the college recruitment process from optimal playing exposure to signing day.
Parent and Player Handbook
General Parent Guidelines and Expectations
- Parents should understand the mission and philosophy of the club.
- Parents are reminded that they represent Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club and should behave in an appropriate manner. Inappropriate words or actions on the sideline, the internet or any other venue can be damaging to the club and will not be tolerated.
- Primary role of parent is to support the player, coach and club. Support the player without pressure, praise good work and refrain from criticizing or critiquing.
- Respect the DLVSC coaching Staff and allow them to do their job without interference or conflict.
- Because some players depending on age are dependent upon parents for transportation it is important that parents are committed to making arrangements that their child is at all club functions on time.
- Any situations from during training or games that require parent coach communication (questions about playing time etc.) we ask that parents observe the “24 hour rule”. This simply means that a period of time passes so that both parties can listen more carefully and responsively with much of the emotion removed from the situation.
- Encourage and help the player meet targets, including these expectations and the rules and guidelines set forth by DLVSC.
- Parents are expected to attend the DLVSC Parent Orientation each year.
Parent Training Guidelines and Expectations
- Parent’s role during training sessions is to observe and keep a separation between themselves and the players/coach.
- Parents and other family members should not enter the training surface before, during or after training. Players will be released to parents at the conclusion of team activities.
Parent Match Day Expectations
- Match days – parents should not enter the match playing surface before, during or after matches, including half time. Please keep a separation from players/coach until players are released to parents at the conclusion of team activities.
- Please make sure that players bring fluids to training/matches and ensure that they have all necessary training/match equipment and gear.
- It is imperative that parents refrain from shouting instructions to the players during matches. General encouragement is welcomed.
- Parents are expected to behave as a role model while on the sideline. At no time should they be engaged in verbal dialogue with the referee, opposing players, coaches or fans.
General Player Guidelines and Expectations
- Players should understand the mission and philosophy of the club.
- Players are reminded that they represent Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club and should behave in an appropriate manner. Swearing, fighting, bullying and bad behavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Players must make a commitment to academic achievement and ensure they complete their individual studies at school.
- All players are expected to keep themselves physically healthy at all times outside of the club training program through a sensible nourishing diet, appropriate rest and strict avoidance of drugs, tobacco and alcohol.
Player Training Guidelines and Expectations
- Players are required to wear club issued gear for all training sessions.
- Jewelry must not be worn for training sessions for personal safety and that of other players. The club will not accept responsibility for jewelry or valuables brought to training sessions.
- Players should be punctual to all training sessions. This means arriving to training fifteen minutes before the designated time. Attendance and commitment will be a major factor with player development – therefore, players that do not show to team events may jeopardize playing time and/or team placement.
- Players should focus on the development of technical/tactical skills during training sessions. Players are expected to work hard and display a positive attitude towards wanting to improve during every training session.
- If a player is not able to attend a training session or game it is the responsibility of the player to contact the coach as far in advance as possible so that appropriate plans can be made in the player’s absence.
- It is the responsibility of the players to help the coach with the collection of all equipment after trainin
Player Matchday Guidelines and Expectations
- Players are required to wear club issued kit for all matches.
- Players should be punctual to all matches. This means arriving at the field no later than the designated time.
- Players should focus on the execution of technical/tactical skills during matches.
- Respect for opponents, match officials and administrative personnel is expected at all times.
General Coach Expectations/Conduct:
- First and foremost all members of the DLVSC coaching staff are to see themselves as role models and ambassadors for the club.
- All coaches must be aware that at any time they are representing themselves, their team and more over DLVSC, it is imperative that coaches are respectful to all around them. A high expectation of professional behavior is expected at all times, both on and off the field.
- Coaches should aspire to continually improve themselves in the player development process and seek feedback and education, both formal and informal, in order to help them achieve this.
- Coaches must embrace the club player development philosophy and take pride in the development of each individual player assigned to them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer financial assistance?
The Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club is Nevada’s premier local soccer club. We work hard to ensure that all children that wish to play soccer are given an opportunity to play regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
Each year, the club provides need-based grants to players that would not be able to play without financial assistance. Annual grants range in amount depending on available resources. Grant amounts are awarded based on demonstrated financial need.
Any player interested in obtaining financial assistance must complete a grant application form.
Families that wish to ensure that all children are able to participate in DLVSC’s programming may make tax-deductible contributions to our grant program by contacting Gary Soresman.
When is registration?
Registration end dates differ by programs. Make sure to visit the specific page you are interested in registering for to get the most up-to-date registration time frames. Often, you may register your player after the deadlines, based on availability. Players who register late are placed on teams after the players who register before the deadline.
How old does a child have to be to play with DLVSC?
A child must be three-years-old at the start of Mini Stars.
When is the soccer season?
Soccer has two league seasons with optional league play in the winter. The beginning of the soccer year is in the fall (August 1st) with the year ending at the end of the school year (June 1st). Most program registrations are session by session. Our club teams all run on a full soccer year basis which is a 10 month season as a full-year registration.
How do I register?
Registration can be done easily via GotSoccer software online by clicking on the Register button in the menu bar.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express), checks and money orders (no cash please). We pretty much accept it all, but we can’t accept the deed on your house, a car, soccer equipment, or children left at practice as a form of payment.
Do girls and boys play on the same team?
All our teams are gender specific, except in our Mini Stars program for toddlers and preschoolers.
How do I know what age group my child is in?
Use our age menu to determine which age group your child should register. Soccer in the United States is determined by the year the child was born. A child born in 2010 is a 2010 player.
Can my child play up?
Players with January and February birthdates may find themselves in this situation. This is called “playing up.” Please request the desire to “play up” with their classmates with the appropriate coaching director. We will do our best to accommodate players in this situation, but please understand we may determine it more appropriate for your player to play in the designated age group.
Can I request a special team?
Definitely! We will do our best to place your child according to your request. However, we cannot guarantee special placement. The best way to ensure your child plays on the team you want is to register early.
Can my player return to the same team?
Early registration is the best way to get on any specific team, as placements are handled by order of registration. So if you want to guarantee that you return to the same team, please register early in the registration period.
Players who register late are not guaranteed to return to their team. If you register after the deadline, it is VERY possible that you will lose your spot to a new player. Players who take a season off are not guaranteed their spot back.
Is the uniform included in the registration fee?
The uniform is NOT included in the registration fee for any of our programs.
What equipment does my player need?
Required: Players are required to wear shin guards, soccer cleats (except for Mini Stars) or athletic shoes.
Recommended: Players should bring their own water and wear appropriate clothing to practices. Players should have their own soccer balls; which should also be brought to each practice (see below).
Mini Stars & U6 – U8 size 3 ball
U9 – U12 – size 4 ball
U13 – U18 – size 5 ball
Where does my child practice?
All U5-U10 teams train at KZ #3 on Monday and Thursday evenings.
All U11-U19 teams train at KZ #3, Ed Fountain #3, Cragin Park (Hyde) or Wasden Elementary *Competitive teams will decide on their training fields based on the guidance from the Coaching Directors.
How often do teams practice?
U6-U8 teams will practice twice a week for 45 minutes to 1 hour. All older teams will practice 2-3 times per week for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
How do I know if practices or games have been cancelled due to weather?
Check our field status website on the homepage of our website, Facebook page in addition to direct communication from your coach.
We are proud to partner with a variety of organizations to provide our members with the best soccer opportunities.
- Blue Man Group
- Buca di Beppo
- Chapman Auto Group
- Generation Adidas International
- Global Premier Soccer
- Las Vegas Events
- Planet Hollywood Restaurant
- Prestige Travel & Cruises
- Rotary Club
- Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort
- The City of Las Vegas
- The Learning Linq
- Traveling Teams Inc.
- US Club Soccer
- US Youth Soccer
Board of Directors
Roger Tabor’s impressive soccer resume includes experience as a Player, Coach, Administrator, Tournament Director, and Board President. As a former player, Tabor’s highest honor was serving as Team Captain for UNLV Men’s Soccer Team. He was also recognized as an All-Conference Player in 1976. He has served as Vice President of NV South Youth Soccer League and 1st Vice President of US Youth Soccer-Nevada, overseeing ODP, all tournaments and competition in NV. Previously, he was Tournament Director for the City of North Las Vegas Mayor’s Cup, Vegas West Challenge Cup, and Rover Roundup. Currently Tabor is a Trustee of the Southern Nevada Sports Hall of Fame. As a coach, his U-19 teams have achieved levels of success which have yet to be matched in NV, finishing as Regional Finalist. The year he coached NV ODP, his U-16 team won the Western Regional.
Professionally, Tabor has been a Registered Investment Advisor for the past 28 years, specializing in Fiduciary Investing. Currently, he is the only Nevadan with the prestigious designation of Plan Sponsor Retirement Professional (PRP). Tabor has also served as a Board Member for Nevada Association for the Handicapped for 4 years. He is an active member of Las Vegas Fremont Rotary Club for the past 28 years, and was recognized as Rotarian of the Year for 2010/2011. The City of Las Vegas recently recognized him as its Citizen of the Month for his efforts in improving local parks. He is a graduate of LV Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Las Vegas. Tabor has also been honored by InBusiness Magazine as one of the “Top 40 under 40″ business professionals.
He and Amy, his wife of 24 years, have 3 sons; Trenton, Colin, and Griffin.
Prior to joining the Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club Board of Directors, Tony coached soccer in the Las Vegas area for 43 years. Over the years, Tony has coached various age groups including Nevada State ODP Staff Coach with both boys and girls teams at Region IV camps. He also spent several years as the Assistant Men’s Coach at Bishop Gorman High School. Tony has won multiple Nevada State Championships advancing several teams to the Far West Regionals Championships. In addition to his year of contribution, Tony felt great pride and accomplishment coaching soccer in the Special Olympics. As a player, he played at Clark High school on two zone championship teams (prior to having a state championship). He was also a member of the UNLV soccer team prior to them competing inter-collegiality.
Professionally, Tony is a realtor with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services where he specializes in securing bank owned foreclosure properties, new and resale homes in the Las Vegas and Henderson markets.
Tony and his wife Sherry have three children and seven grandchildren.
Craig Galati, AIA, FSMPS, CPSM is passionate about vision, marketing, and strategic solutions that move firms and his industry forward. Craig is highly respected for his integrity and has received numerous awards over his career in both design and marketing communications. He has over over 30 years of experience practicing architecture and is currently the President of LGA in Las Vegas, Nevada. He has guided the firm’s marketing and business development strategies for the past 15 years. Craig is a former President of SMPS Las Vegas, AIA Las Vegas, and AIA Nevada and is recipient of the AIA Nevada Silver Medal. He is a former member of the City of Las Vegas Planning Commission and currently serves as the SMPS National President.
Craig is a former manager and coach with the Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club prior to being asked to serve as a DLVSC Board Member. A former JV coach and assistant varsity coach at the Meadows High School, Craig maintains his D license.
“I love being on the Board and bringing my business acumen as well as my love of soccer to help ensure a great experience for our players and parents.”
Shaneen Panko has been with Downtown Las Vegas Soccer since 2007. Shaneen attended Butte College. Shaneen’s professional experience as an Executive General Adjuster at Protocol Insurance Services is focused in claims management and property & casualty insurance.
Mike O’Rourke – Board Trustee
Mike O’Rourke joins Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club after spending the last 30 plus years as a soccer dad and fan. His youngest child took to soccer ensuring that every evening and weekend was booked with soccer practice, games, tournaments from preschool through college graduation. An experienced spectator with an enviable portable heater, he is now excited to propel his love of soccer to a new level and support the growth and development of soccer in his hometown.
Mike did briefly leave Las Vegas when he attended and graduated from the College of Idaho. The small stint away from home was well worth it when he brought home is bride; now his wonderful wife of 35 years.
Between his lifetime in Vegas, raising his four active and athletic children (3 college athletes), his successful family business, and his gregarious personality, Mike is well connected and well-versed in the Las Vegas community. Mike is thrilled to bring his enthusiasm for soccer, people and Las Vegas to Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club and a DLVSC Board Member Trustee.
Downtown Las Vegas Soccer is a premier soccer teaching club stressing individual development over team success.
Downtown Las Vegas Soccer Club offers the most advanced levels of play, providing opportunities from beginner to elite.
Downtown Las Vegas Soccer focuses on quality communication and valuable information for parents and players to act on.
Downtown Las Vegas Soccer focuses on quality communication and valuable information for parents and players to act on.
Beginner to Advanced
All levels of play are welcome at Downtown Las Vegas Soccer. We truly focus on the “Home for Every Player” mentality.
A knowledgeable staff and the support of the DLVSC front office, you’ll find organization at its finest.
Downtown Las Vegas Soccer provides a professional teaching curriculum that extends from the professional team down to three-years-old.